Online Guitar & Piano Lessons
Focused and structured online guitar and piano courses that will quickly teach you the basics and develop your intermediate chops.
Online lessons are exactly the same format as in-person private lessons.
Instruction is real-time and all you need is your instrument, computer, laptop, phone, or tablet device with a built-in camera (Computer is best). If your device does not have a built-in camera, you will require an external webcam.
You will be able to get immediate feedback from your tutor and request a downloaded version of the session in order for you to practise what you have learned at home.
Vitual Lessons Format
- Pre-arranged weekly meeting with your music tutor.
- The tutor will instruct you in your lesson. Each lesson will have a specific goal/outcome, for example for a beginner this may be correct posture with your instrument. For an intermediate student this may be playing a particular passage with accurate notes and rhythm.
- Your teacher will supervise you to ensure you are doing this correctly during the lesson, and he or she will also provide feedback and help you when needed.
- The tutor will position the camera in such a way that the student will be able to follow positioning and techniques.
- At the end of each lesson, you will get your assignment written up and send to you via email.
- After you have accomplished the aim in the lesson, you’ll practice it at home to form a secure habit.
- When you come to your next lesson, your teacher will check the habit that you have established through your practice. If it is well formed you’ll get the next set of information and the aim for your next lesson. If your habit isn’t well-formed or if you’ve learned something incorrectly, your teacher will adjust your lesson and revisit that aim to help you learn it correctly.
- Pre-recorded videos are also available if the student would prefer that to live interaction or have a slow internet connection.